Creamy One Pan Veggie Cheddar Pasta


This is a delicious and EASY cheesy side dish for any night of the week. Thanks to the AllRecipe's Brand Ambassador program I had the chance to work with Barilla again this month using their new "Pronto" pasta. I love this stuff - it allows you to cook pasta dishes all in one pot. Less mess, fast and easy, and tasty results. What more could I ask for?


I particularly like this dish because it is so versatile. Change out the suggested veggies, use a different type of cheese, and mix and match protein add-ins for a complete all in one dinner instead of just a side dish, or meat free entrée. The options are endless. I think some grilled chicken would be delicious, or shrimp... yumm!


Do yourself a favor and definitely give Barilla's pronto pasta a try soon!


Creamy One Pan Veggie Cheddar Pasta from Barilla on AllRecipes

Ingredients
1 box Barilla® Pronto™ Penne
1 cup heavy cream
3 cups chopped frozen broccoli
1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
Salt and black pepper to taste

Directions
  1. Pour whole box of pasta into a large skillet (approximately 12 inches in diameter). Pour 3 cups of cold water into the pan, ensuring that the water covers the pasta. Turn the burner to high, then set your timer for 10 minutes (optional: add a bit of salt to taste).
  2. Cook on high, stirring occasionally, until almost all of the liquid has evaporated.
  3. Add cream and broccoli; stir to combine and gently heat through.
  4. Remove the skillet from heat, season with salt and pepper to taste and fold in the cheese. Serve immediately.
I am an AllrecipesAllstar Brand Ambassador (a voluntary position) and I’m not compensated for my work with Allrecipes.com. Products received from advertiser are only used for experienced-based reviews my personal blog.  The reviews, content and opinions expressed in this blog are all my own.


Comments

Popular Posts