Too Much Chocolate Cake




This is a fantastic cake recipe - not only is it super easy with the addition of cake and pudding mixes, but it comes out SO moist, chocolately, and delicious!! I love this one and have been using it for years. I've only used it for cupcakes - they come out great every time. It is very rich, and I love using mini chocolate chips, so you find little morsels of extra chocolatey goodness when you enjoy this recipe.

I fixed these for my son's soccer team for Halloween goodies and they were a big hit!

Too Much Chocolate Cake by Denise on AllRecipes

Ingredients
1 (18.25 ounce) package devil's food cake mix
1 (5.9 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
1 cup sour cream
1 cup vegetable oil
4 eggs
1/2 cup warm water
2 cups semisweet miniature chocolate chips

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. In a large bowl, mix together the cake and pudding mixes, sour cream, oil, beaten eggs and water. Stir in the chocolate chips and pour batter into a well greased 12 cup bundt pan.
  3. Bake for 50 to 55 minutes (20 minutes for cupcakes), or until top is springy to the touch and a wooden toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool cake thoroughly in pan at least an hour and a half before inverting onto a plate If desired, dust the cake with powdered sugar or top with frosting.



Comments

  1. This is one of my favorite recipes! I've been using it for years...one of the first things I started baking :-) I used allrecipes for years before learning about blogs! I've lightened this one up over the years, and it's still a family favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim what kind of lighter changes do you use? I keep thinking you could replace that oil (at least partially) with something else but haven't tried it yet!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Making Miracles - I love to hear from my visitors, so please take a moment to say hello! :)

Popular Posts