Kentucky Biscuits



This is a terrific biscuit recipe that we enjoyed recently! My husband enjoyed these with a sausage patty and some melted cheddar cheese, I enjoyed mine with some melted butter and my favorite blackberry jam, and my son ate his plain and said it was great!

These have a great lightly crispy exterior and soft interior. They have a touch of sweetness to them that I really enjoyed - this is a great recipe and I will definitely use this one again.

I used a juice glass dipped in flour and made about 8 large biscuits out of this recipe. I added 3/4 TBS of vinegar to 3/4 cup of milk to make buttermilk since I don't usually keep buttermilk stocked. I didn't use the full amount of milk in the recipe - I just added enough until the dough came together in the right consistency.

Kentucky Biscuits by COOKIN4MY3BOYS on AllRecipes
makes 8-12 biscuits

Ingredients
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 dash salt
1 tablespoon white sugar
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup buttermilk

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
  2. In a bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar. Cut in 1/2 cup butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Mix in the buttermilk. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead 2 minutes. Pat or roll dough to about a 1/2 inch thickness (or preferred thickness) and cut with preferred biscuit cutter to make desired amount of biscuits.
  3. Bake 15 minutes in the preheated oven or until golden brown and cooked through. Serve hot.



Comments

Popular Posts