Lemon Curry Chicken

I saw this recipe on "A Drizzle of Sunshine" and thought it looked like a good, quick, weeknight dinner! I love being able to throw everything in a casserole dish or a pot, stick it in the oven and be done with it until it's time to eat on busy nights.

Started with chicken, mayo, cream soups, stuffing mix, curry and lemon juice.

Combined the soups in a mixing container.

Added water next.

Combined thoroughly.

Poured over the chicken breasts in a 9x13 baking dish.

Smoothed out evenly over the chicken.

Cleaned out the measuring cup and poured in the stuffing mix, curry powder and lemon juice.

Measured out about a cup of light mayo (holy MOLY that's a lot of mayo!!)

Mixed it up completely.

Spread gently over the soupy chicken!

Baked up creamy and golden brown!

Creamy smothered chicken with bits of curry flavored stuffing! I thought this was pretty good, neither Kenneth nor Kent really enjoyed it and I don't think we'd make it again since they weren't that keen on it. I liked the taste of the curry but did think there was too much "goopy" stuff - however once we had eaten the chicken the puppies sure enjoyed the leftover soupy stuff! :D I was accused of "experimenting" on my boy's after this one, which moves it into the "did not go over so well" category. Sigh. Oh well, can't win them all!!

Recipe from Drizzle of Sunshine

Ingredients
4 boneless chicken breast, skin removed
1 10-oz can cream of chicken soup
1 10-oz can cream of mushroom soup
1/2 can of water
1 tsp curry powder
1 TBS lemon juice
1 cup low-fat mayonnaise
1 8-oz package of chicken flavored stuffing mix

Directions
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees and lay chicken in a casserole dish. Combine soup and water in a small bowl.

2. Pour that sauce all over the chicken.

3. Mix the remaining ingredients into the stuffing mix.

4. Spread the stuffing over the saucy chicken and throw it in the oven for one hour. If it gets too brown, cover loosely with foil.

Comments

  1. I checked out the original recipe and I think I know what happened. It looks like the original one had one can of cream of chicken and mushroom together instead of a can of each. Might be why it was a little 'goopy'. Besides that you say you like the taste? I may have to try this. It does look very easy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are absolutely right! I didn't even notice that the first time I looked at it - I've never heard of a combo can of cream of mushroom/chicken! I'll have to look for that next time I'm at the store - that definitely would have cut down on the "extra" creamy stuff...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Making Miracles - I love to hear from my visitors, so please take a moment to say hello! :)

Popular Posts