Quick Check In!! :)

What's new in my world... Well, not too much out of the norm here, which I tend to think is a good thing! :) I am almost through with Week 6 of P90X and pretty happy with the results so far. I've lost around 7lbs since starting, lost inches and gained muscle. I am a lot stronger already than I was when I started, but boy I sure have a long way to go!! I am feeling more confident and feel good about myself. I have been eating really well lately, really focusing on healthy foods and keeping a high amount of fresh fruits and veggies in my daily diet. I have also cut meat out of my diet once again.

I tried to be a vegetarian about a year ago and stocked up on Morningstar products, but once I got pregnant that all went on the back burner. I didn't have the foundation I needed to stick with it and there was a LOT going on in my life at the time. This time I am in a much better place and feel very good about that decision and have a much better grasp on my nutritional needs and how to eat healthy with or without meat. I am sticking with the title "flexitarian" because I probably will still eat seafood on occasion. But overall, I don't particularly care for titles; I'm just doing what feels right for me. I am making a point to not change how I cook for Kenneth and Kent though, and just leave meat separate so I can add it into theirs and leave it off of mine. It's been working well so far. Kent tried portobello cheeseburgers with me the other night and sadly wasn't too impressed but I have to admit though I thought mine was very tasty it wasn't NEARLY as good as the ones I crave from Cafe Sunflower in Atlanta! Plus I fixed his like a "regular" hamburger and I don't think it had the right effect. Oh well, live and learn. At least he's somewhat curious about it all and will at least hopefully understand that you don't HAVE to have meat every day (or at all) to have a well balanced, tasty and nutritious diet.

Today I'm trying out Gardein's Tuscan "Chicken" Breasts and saw some good reviews on them so I'm looking forward to tasting them! It's about lunch time, so that will be soon! :) I had some Veggie Patch Chik'n Nuggets the other day that were fantastic!! They would have been SO good smothered in some yummy BBQ sauce! There are so many great faux meat products out there, I know it won't be hard for me at all to feel satisfied while I'm transitioning to this new to me way of eating (again). :)

I've been reading lots of cookbooks for ideas as well, borrowing them from the library and saving my favorite ideas into my AllRecipes online Cook Book which is such a great tool!

Kenneth and I are still going back and forth on whether or not to consider trying for one more little one of our own or not. It's such a big decision and we both go back and forth on it! We've been talking about it a LOT lately! There are so many emotional reasons I want to have one more and I get excited when I think about it, and then part of me that wonders if I'm crazy?! Wanting to start over when I already have a 12 year old, when I want to start school next year, when Kenneth is just looking to get settled into a new career after graduation in May and if we have a child it will heavily influence the type of job he pursues. If we do decide to have one, it might mean him passing up a job that he would most likely LOVE and would pay very well but would mean a lot of travel and he wants to be home and involved if we have another baby... Sigh... decisions, decisions...!! I wish I could just genuinely feel POSITIVE one way or the other, this going back and forth in my head thing is making me crazy(er). :)

Aside from that huge life decision, things are relatively calm and peaceful at our house lately! The weather has been cold and wet and I'm so ready for some sunshine and warmth again. I live in my coat ALL day at work every day... brrrrrrrr....!!

Comments

  1. Hello from a long Polish!

    **********************
    Has your lovely blog. ;))I like to watch it, I hope you will visit my blog too!I cordially greet and have a nice day; **

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Making Miracles - I love to hear from my visitors, so please take a moment to say hello! :)

Popular Posts