Your pregnancy: 33 weeks

How your baby's growing:


This week your baby weighs a little over 4 pounds (heft a pineapple) and has passed the 17-inch mark. He's rapidly losing that wrinkled, alien look and his skeleton is hardening. The bones in his skull aren't fused together, which allows them to move and slightly overlap, thus making it easier for him to fit through the birth canal. (The pressure on the head during birth is so intense that many babies are born with a conehead-like appearance.) These bones don't entirely fuse until early adulthood, so they can grow as his brain and other tissue expands during infancy and childhood.
Today is the last day of September, and we are entering the month when count down to "D-Day" will begin... well, not until the end of next month, but still! :D I had quite a bit of discomfort last night, I couldn't really tell if they were actual contractions, or just a tight sensation across my abdomen, but I had to lay down and put my feet up and that helped. Miss S had found the one weak/sore spot low on my right hand side where I had quite a bit of discomfort with Fiona. For the most part, Miss S hasn't been in a position to aggravate that spot, but the last day and a half she was on it a lot. It's weird how a little change in her position can make such a difference in how my body feels! Overall I just feel tight a LOT - very "full" and tight across my stomach. She is filling out and filling up all the space! :)

I'm glad its Thursday again and am very ready for another weekend! We're meeting up with friends for pizza out tomorrow and then I think taking it easy this weekend. Yay! :)

Comments

Popular Posts