Your pregnancy: 29 weeks

How your baby's growing:

Your baby now weighs about 2 1/2 pounds (like a butternut squash) and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. His muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and his head is growing bigger to make room for his developing brain. To meet his increasing nutritional demands, you'll need plenty of protein, vitamins C, folic acid, and iron. And because his bones are soaking up lots of calcium, be sure to drink your milk (or find another good source of calcium, such as cheese, yogurt, or enriched orange juice). This trimester, about 250 milligrams of calcium are deposited in your baby's hardening skeleton each day.
We're just cruising right along! Almost into the "30's"! So excited for next week! :)

Everything is going well. I've had some nasty leg cramps the last couple days, in fact I had one on my way into work today that I thought might just make me have to pull over, but thankfully I made it. Traffic was nasty too, and it hurt every time I had to break - that didn't work for me so well!!

I've been having fun in the kitchen lately, rediscovering allrecipes.com and trying out some great new things to keep us all well fed and keep everyone from getting too bored with the same things! I love trying out new things! I made three new recipes last night. French Market Sandwiches, Sweet Restaurant Slaw and Garlic Red Potatoes! The Mini Meatball Subs I made a couple days ago were great too. We've had so much good stuff lately, we have to eat leftovers tonight to make some space! I also got my fantastic Farmer's Market basket on Tuesday, so we're loaded up with tons of yummy fresh fruits and veggies! I am making grilled bok choy tomorrow - I've never had it before, so this should be interesting!! :)

Most of the cravings I had last week seemed to have stayed in last week, though everytime I see a Snicker's bar in the candy bowl up front I "have" to have it. Sigh, I really hope that one goes away soon - the scale isn't going to be my friend much longer if I keep it up!! :)

I'm about to send a quick e-mail to the attorney's office for a check in on anything I need to know for next week's PBO hearing. I didn't have to attend anything last time, so this is new and different for me! Hopefully it's pretty straight forward!

Comments

Popular Posts