Your pregnancy: 28 weeks

How your baby's growing:

By this week, your baby weighs two and a quarter pounds (like a Chinese cabbage) and measures 14.8 inches from the top of her head to her heels. She can blink her eyes, which now sport lashes. With her eyesight developing, she may be able to see the light that filters in through your womb. She's also developing billions of neurons in her brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world.
Trucking right along!! Week 28 has arrived!! Miss "S" is getting big and taking up more space. I can feel her stretches and kicks from one end to the other of my belly and sometimes it brings me a big grin and other times a big grimace when she hits the wrong spot! I have one spot low on the right hand side that I remember having similar discomfort with Fiona - she doesn't press there too often, but I think the muscle must be particularly stretched or weak there because it doesn't take much pressure to hurt bad if she kicks down on that spot. I think she must be spending more time head down now though, because I rarely feel "kicks" down low. I do feel flutters and think it must be hands or turning movements. I get kicks and flutters up higher and under my ribs every now and then. It is just amazing to think of her spending her days in the womb and such an amazing experience to get to share these early days with her! I always feel so blessed when I stop and think about it, and just soak it all up!

Our PBO hearing is set for September 8th as well as our next OB appointment, so 30 weeks will be a big one! I am excited for that!

I've been alternating between super hungry and not hungry at all lately. I think it must partially be dependant on what position she's in. She's taking up more space and giving me a little less for food, so sometimes I have very little appetite or it takes very little to fill me, then I have days where I'm just "munchy" and want to eat everything in front of me! I'm trying to figure out how to balance what I know I can/should be eating with what I often WANT to be eating and make sure Miss "S" and I are getting what we need in there. For the most part I think I do fine and my weight gain has been pretty good so I'm not too worried about it, but I can feel that I'm getting tired again and don't want to get "lazy" and resort to habits that aren't good for me and baby - so I try to maintain some focus. :)

I'm glad its Friday tomorrow and am looking forward to a quiet weekend!!

Comments

Popular Posts