RE Consult Done!

I was so stinkin' nervous going into that appointment! I think part of me is worried that I'm pushing my luck and that I should be thankful for the journey I had and not try again, and then the other part of me is screaming "WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?? THIS IS GOING TO BE AMAZING"!! I know I was very blessed last time, and I very much want to help one more couple become parents via surrogacy... I am just nervous about my lining causing problems again.

We had a long sit down consult with Dr. Kort who was great, very personable, very knowledgeable. I liked him a lot. He went over my medical history and did an exam on me. He said I'm healthy and everything looks good, and he thinks it is a good match. I brought up my concerns about my lining response to the previous protocols I'd been on and that caused him to pause and he looked a little concerned. He has decided to have an endometrial biopsy done after my next period to rule out endometritis as a possible contributing factor to the lining not thickening correctly. That will probably be in about a month from now. The good news is even if that comes back positive it just means I go on antibiotic therapy and it delays cycling some. My IM will be on a non standard protocol because she cannot take most hormones due to medical complications, so we will wait for a period and then we can figure out when our timeline will be for transfer. With the testing they want done in July I'm thinking late August maybe September? Something like that. It sounds like a long time from now, but we still have a lot to work on between now and then and its nice to know we don't have to rush anymore now that most of Kenneth's stuff is scheduled and will be done this week. Most likely we (Kenneth and I) will go back to RBA tomorrow for his labwork to be completed so we can have that out of the way before he heads out of town.

I guess that's everything for now, overall the appointment went well and I am excited to see what's next, and ready to get the rest of testing done so we can get the all clear to move ahead!! :)

Comments

  1. Sounds great!! The summer is going to fly by anyhow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very exciting, Rebekah! I'm so happy that everything went well with your consult! I hope that your endo biopsy comes back all clear, but it's great to know that if it doesn't, you'll still get to move ahead! I still freak out at the thought of going through the screening, too. I'm sooo not looking forward to that part.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad things are moving along for you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Making Miracles - I love to hear from my visitors, so please take a moment to say hello! :)

Popular Posts