35 weeks 2 days - my visit to L&D!

Well I woke up today feeling extra fatigued, but didn't think too much of it since it is afterall Friday - my toughest day of the week because I'm tired from the week! When I got to work I noticed I felt a little fuzzy headed in addition to tired, but when I really started wondering what was going on was around 10:30 or 11:00 when I realized I hadn't really eaten, and wasn't all that hungry (very unusual for me) in addition to having had several episodes of white spots in my vision, feeling very fuzzy headed, just "off", and I was feeling hot. I ate some food, to see if it was maybe a blood sugar issue, but that just made me nauseated. I called my OB and they told me I needed to go get my Blood Pressure checked as soon as possible to make sure it wasn't high which is what some of my symptoms sounded like and can be dangerous.

I hung out a little longer just to see what was going to happen and if it would go away, but when I got nauseated again after lunch and was feeling steadily worse and not better I decided to drive the 5 minutes to Northside (I am SO glad such a good hospital is so close to my office)!! They checked me in, hooked me up, tried twice to do a blood draw unsuccessfully, took a urine sample and then took my blood pressure 3 or 4 times every 15 minutes. My b/p was fine at about 108/61 so that was ruled out, and it took a full 3.5 hours but my urine came back fine as well. I was running a low grade temp, and my nurse suggested perhaps I am coming down with a flu that's been going around... They monitored Miss Munchkin's heart rate and her activity level which were both just fine so they let me go on home and just said to take it easy, see my doctor next Wednesday and that's it!

I am glad its nothing serious, but I'm still feeling really sick this evening - icky and tired. I have napped the last couple hours, and am ready to head to bed and see how a full nights sleep has me feeling tomorrow!!

Comments

Popular Posts